What is PDFPresenter?
You just got a shiny new iPad together with the external video adapter,
and you notice that only very few applications support the external
video hardware. You can copy your PDF presentations to iBooks, but
iBooks cannot display them on the external hardware. The iPad does
not come with any app for displaying PDFs on the external video adapter.
Are you looking for an app that can do the following?
- Do you want to use your iPad with the external video adapter
to give presentations?
- Do you want to keep track of the time during your presentation?
- Don't have a laser pointer?
is the solution for you: an app for PDF presentations on the
iPad. Here is what it does for you:
- Tap on the folder icon and it displays the PDF presentation files you
have copied to the iPad using iTunes. Tap on a presentation and it opens
it in the presenter screen displayed below. If the external video
adapter is connected, it'll be displayed there too.
- Tap on the clock icon to set the time your presentation will take.
- Tap on the play button to start the clock. On the left, past time
is displayed, on the right the remaining time.
- Tap the pause button to stop the clock, e.g. when answering questions.
- Tap the small previous and next slide views to go back and forth
in your presentation.
- Slide in the slide selection bar at the bottom to jump to a specific
- Multitouch laser pointer: touch anywhere in the main slide view,
and a red dot will appear on the projection for every touch. So you
actually have as many laser pointers as you have fingers!
- Tap on the settings icon to open settings for slide shows, transitions,
screen size and more
Instructions are also given in a presentation that is included by default
with every copy of the PDFPresenter, you can also download it here:
Introduction to PDFPresenter.
New features in version 1.2
The new version 1.2 will soon be available in the App store (it is currently
in review). Here are it's new features:
- All PDF transitions supported
- Slide shows: can run unatended from your iPad
- Files can be downloaded on stored in
- File list is editable, files can be deleted
Here is the presenter screen of the PDFPresenter app:
PDFPresenter was written by
and is available in the app store.
© 2010 Prof. Dr. Andreas Müller,
Beratung und Entwicklug